Kamado Bono vs Kamado Joe Review
With so many brands of kamado available, it can sometimes be hard to see the differences between them all. With this in mind, I decided to take a look at two brands: Kamado Bono vs Kamado Joe.
Company Histories: Kamado Bono vs Kamado Joe
Kamado Bono was founded in Lithuania in 2013. It aims to sell the best quality Kamado grills at competitive prices. While having a relatively short history, it has flourished around Europe, sold in 19 European countries.
By comparison, Kamado Joe was founded in 2009 in the USA. Kamado Joe is a household name for top quality kamados and innovative accessories. Their focus has been on evolving the humble kamado. Both brands want people to get more out of their grilling experience.
Ranges of Kamado Grills
- Picnic – cooking grate diameter of 26 cm / 10 inch
- Minimo – cooking grate diameter of 34 cm / 13.4 inch
- Media – cooking grate diameter of 43 cm / 16.9 inch
- Grande – cooking grate diameter of 49 cm / 19.3 inch
- Limited – cooking grate diameter of 56 cm / 22 inch
Kamado Joe also offer a very large range, all available in red only.
- JOE JR – cooking grate diameter of 34.3 cm / 13.5 inch
- CLASSIC I, CLASSIC II, CLASSIC III – cooking grate diameters of 45.7 cm / 18 inch
- BIG JOE I, BIG JOE II, BIG JOE III– cooking grate diameter of 61 cm / 24 inch
- PELLET JOE– cooking grate diameter of 45.7 cm / 18 inch
- KETTLE JOE™– cooking grate diameter of 55.9 cm / 22 inch
Quality & Manufacturing
Both Kamado Bono and Kamado Joe are manufactured in China. They each strive to produce innovative products to the highest standard while maintaining strict quality standards.
Depending on which kamado you purchase, both Kamado Joe and Kamado Bono supply several accessories as standard which each kamado bought. In addition, there are loads of other accessories for sale from each brand too. Kamado Joe in particular is known for its Divide & Conquer grilling system, SlōRoller and more.
As I own some Kamado Bono grills, I can speak from personal experience. The customer support from Kamado Bono is excellent. I find them supportive and professional. I’m yet to have any problems with any of my Kamado Bono grills or accessories. And, while I can’t speak from personal experience for Kamado Joe customer support, it’s said to be excellent too.
So, both brands offer lifetime warranties on the ceramic frame, ceramic firebox, fire ring and ceramic accessories of the kamado grill. Other metal parts such as thermometers and gaskets have limited warranties. I’ve detailed the specifics of the parts warranties below:
- 5-year warranty on metal parts
- 3-year warranty on heat deflectors and pizza stones
- 1-year warranty on the thermometer and gaskets
- 2-year warranty applies to all metal parts and accessories
- 1-year warranty applies to temperature meter and fire-resistant gasket
- 1-year warranty applies to side shelves
I hope my Kamado Bono vs Kamado Joe comparison review has been some help to you in deciding which kamado brand to go with. Also, you can read both my Kamado Bono Brand Review and my Kamado Joe Brand Review.